Support Brim

Last week I started a print in TPU with PLA support, but the support failed because it doesn’t adhere to the brim which I printed in TPU.

To fix my print I used hotglue to (melt the support and) glue the support to the brim. That hack worked!

In the meantime I decided that this behaviour should be improved. I wrote a feature which replaces the regions under support with a brim printed in the same material as the support. That way the adhesion of the support to the buildplate is improved and the brim region next to the object is still satisfied – albeit with 2 different materials.

Be Sociable, Share!